February 21, 2011

Exciting Bookcases...

I love how books have a way of adding character and touches of sophistication to a place and simply make a place seem more interesting and exciting. I personally really enjoy surveying the books people have in their houses and its probably the first thing that really draws my eye when I enter a room, if the books are visible that is. But I also really enjoy browsing through peoples bookcases and looking at the things that happen to enter their lives. Below are some bookcases that I find pretty exciting..

                                                                                                         Gunkelmans designs 


I'm really loving this set out - the tall white bookcase, the chandelier and the black accent on the white chairs is probably what really makes this spot stand out for me... I always appreciate a black accent here there... 


                                                                                               via  heartbeatoz.tumblr.com

Not sure if this is one big bookcase or four small bookcases stacked on top of each other, but I really like this set out. The single french glass doors definitely add a special element. This bookcase actually reminds me of my kitchen. I think I'd like something like this for my next place..




                                                                                                        Redmond Aldrich designs


                                                                                   via thedeskofannie

Not sure of the source?
                                                                                                          

6 comments:

  1. i love bookcases too...my parents in law have a library & sometimes (when we visit) i go in there & close the door & no-one knows where I am for about 10 minutes. it is very relaxing... dayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh! I always have a soft spot for bookcases!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your inspirations! My fave has to be the second image! so pretty! Thanks for sharing this! just stumbled upon your blog by the way! and loving it so much!! following you now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I found your blog through Table Tonic and it's gorgeous! I do love a bookcase, the first and second pics are my faves.
    Still slowly working on mine. Jaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle - you are pretty lucky to have in laws with a library! That is a dream of mine - not in laws with a library but just a library, although in laws with one would be pretty good too :)

    Nattie - I'm so glad you did stumble upon me and I have to say the second is my favourite as well :)

    Jaz - I would love to see your bookcase when you are done.. I'm still working on mine as well, although mine is really tiny and there is only so much you can do. Can't wait to get a bigger place so I can have a bigger bookcase. Well anyway, so glad you stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Bookcases With Doors
    We have come across some exciting new bookcases with doors and you can have a look at them by clicking here.
    It does not matter if you are into contemporary or classic furniture there is something here for everyone…

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic. I am loving your blog :) I have 3 bookcases in my home and am running out of space for all my new books. I really like the third picture here.

    ReplyDelete